A magnet fitted inside the float actuates a reed switch making it change state as the float moves up or down the stem with the rise or fall in liquid. Multiple floats are fitted to provide accurate liquid switch positions or high low alarm output points.
A number of applications may require multiple switching points. For these operations, a preferred approach would encourage the use of a multi-level float switch. This is beneficial as the necessary switching goes through a single access point.
Any application that requires more than one point of feedback or response is acceptable for the use of a multi float switch. Feedback can be in the form of an alarm; letting the person monitoring the tank know when it has reached or fallen to a certain level. Furthermore, could be used to engage or disengage equipment critical for the application.
Therefore, multi-level float switches are ideal for:
- Monitoring multiple switch points.
- Controlling pumps and valves.
- Monitoring alarms.
- Indicating tank levels.
Multi-level Float Switches are made to order.
Features of Large Magnetic Float
- Large Magnetic Float Switch 12.7 mm dia 316 Stainless Steel Stem
- Up to 5 Floats on stem.
- Available with 2″ BSPT fixed fitting or optional male connector.
- Maximum length 3000 mm.
- Maximum Temperature 180° C.
- Select Terminal head to suit application process conditions.