The Gateway DigiGate Profibus is ideal for interconnecting a Profibus DP network with a Modbus RTU network. It works as a gateway, operating as a master station in the Modbus network. Thus, according to its previous configuration, DigiGate will read the data of the other devices of the Modbus network and send the read values to the Profibus master. In the same way, it will write at the output of the Modbus slaves according to the Profibus master requests, providing a complete control of the Modbus network devices through the Profibus network.
The device is totally configurable through the application DigiConfig for Windows®, which comes with the product, making access and change of its parameters really easy.
- Operates at the entire range of communication rates, from 9600 bps to 12 Mbps.
- Addressing range: 0 to 125.
- Automatic detection of supported baud rate.
- “GSD” file included.
- Termination and polarization resistors included (activated by jumper).
- Profibus connection: DB9 connector.
- Operates from 1200 bps to 115200 bps.
- Commands available for data reading: “01 Read Coil Status”, “02 Read Input – Status”, “03 Read – Holding Register” and “04 Read Input Register.”
- Commands available for data writing: “05 Force Single Coil”, “06 Preset Single Register”, “15 Force – Multiple Coils” and “16 Preset Multiple Registers.”
- Protection at the bus: ±60 Vdc, 15 kV ESD.
- Operating environment: 0 to 50 °C, 30 to 80% of relative humidity, without condensation.
- Electrical insulation between the Profibus interface and the rest of the device: 1000 Vac.
- Power supply: 10 a 35 Vdc. Internal protection against inverse polarity.
- Frontal lit indicators for communication and status.