The USB-i485 isolated converter module is a cost-effective way to convert RS485 or RS422 industrial buses to a USB interface. When connected to a PC USB port the USB-i485 module automatically detects and installs as a native COM port which is compatible with any existing serial communication application.
Multiple modules installed when using USB hubs allowing a hassle-free configuration of a multi serial system without any IRQ or DMA configuration.
- The USB-i485 isolated converter can be configured for four-wire (Full Duplex) RS422 and RS485 or two-wire (Half Duplex) networks. When operating in two-wire RS485 the data transfer control is automatically done by the converter.
- Two independent and isolated RS485 networks can be supported by one USB-i485 module thus duplicating the possible number of remote devices.
- Computer interface: USB V1.1 Plug and Play.
- Operational system virtual serial port driver.
- Supports Windows 7/Vista/XP/2008Server/2003Server/98/ME/2000/CE, MAC and Linux 2.4.20 or above. 64 bit options for latest operating systems.
- Field Interfaces: RS485 Half Duplex (dual buses), RS485 Full Duplex or RS422.
- Jumper selected RS485 / RS422.
- Automatic flow control for RS485 Half Duplex.
- 120 Ohms internal resistors termination enabled by jumpers.
- Transmission rate: from 300 bps to 250 kbps.
- Half Duplex: 2 x 32 devices.
- Full Duplex: 32 devices.
- USB connection: Mini-B connector.
- Operating environment: 0 to 70°C, 10 to 90% relative humidity, non-condensing