The Model BP420 burst plugs are designed specifically for use in plastic extrusion systems. The Model BP420 will instantaneously rupture at a specific, predetermined pressure and temperature. Each one-piece assembly consists of a 304 stainless steel body with a welded Inconel rupture disk. May be specified for primary relief in applications where pressure build-up can occur so rapidly that the response time of a relief valve is inadequate, such as in a polymerization reaction vessel.
- Welded one piece assembly – no degradation of joint strength at elevated temperatures
- Inconel rupture disk – stable through a wide range of temperatures
- Burst pressure ranges from 1,000 to 15,000psi
- Accuracy of ±10% of rated burst pressure at 300° – 750°F
- Designed for melt temperatures up to 800°F (425°C)
- Leak rate exceeds 1×10-6 standard cc/sec